Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's Going....


"How is it going?". This sentence is small, and can be answered in many different ways. My personal favorite, "It's going.". I use that answer a lot. Generally if people genuinely want to know "How it's going", they'll ask another question. The thing about our society is, most of the time people don't really want to know, they are just being polite. Now, my situation is a little different than most. I'm the wife of a pastor. I word that carefully because, I have no intention of being the pastor's wife - ya know, the woman that plays the piano, coordinates every children's ministry production, leads all of the women's Bible studies and does every other job that no one else wants to do or has time for. That woman, is NOT me! I am the wife of the pastor. My priorities are 1. God, 2. my husband and 3. my kids and if there is a ministry I feel like God has called me to, I will do that, but only if it won't detrimentally interfere with my top 3 priorities, the ones God gave me first.

Now, that being said, it has not always been easy for me to be completely candid about "how it's going". I was too concerned with what people might think or how I'd be perceived. Then it hit me, I'm not bullet proof. I know - shocker! Sometimes people need to know you are real, that you feel pain, discomfort, joy, disappointment, happiness, gratitude. I also discovered, if you let people know you "feel" they have that moment that makes them realize they aren't bullet proof either. It's a good place to be.

I've been on this journey for a while now, the Journey in My Bare Feet. I know the saying is "Walk in my Shoes", but I think life is harder than that. Shoes protect, and make the way more comfortable, in your bare feet you feel the stones, thorns, carpet, it's more real. So now, I'll share the journey - the real one, not the safe, protected one.
So "How's it going?"

To be continued..........

1 comment: